Business Research Analyst
Strategic Market Planning / Marketing & Communications /
Phone: (91) 98203
63311 / E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / Web
To perform strategic, detail-oriented research and analysis
to address tactical and strategic business challenges. This would include
identification of business risks, issues and opportunities together with market
and competitive trends.
- Results-focused approach in campaign management and
demand/lead generation programs.
- Meticulous project planning skills with ability to gather,
analyze, organize and create concise action plans, research reports and
- Adept at working with senior management and/or business
heads for decision support initiatives, analysis of existing business and
new business proposals.
Areas of Experience
- Secondary research and analysis
- Business plan preparation
- Direct marketing programs
- Audience marketing
- New market penetration
- Brand management
- Marketing collateral development
- Account management
- End-to-end event management
- Database building and enhancement
Independent Consultant (January 2006 – Present)
I provide freelance consulting in the areas of business
research and analysis, strategic planning, marketing and communications. I
identify business risks, issues and emerging market opportunities; define strategy,
and create comprehensive business plans based on secondary information and
client requirements. I prepare custom research reports including presentations,
competitor analysis, SWOT analysis, trends and forecast for small and medium
businesses. I also write marketing copy.
- Plastic Card Printer sourcing, pricing and buying report for a company registered in Kansas City, USA
- Market study, competitor analysis, global product sourcing(OEMs), product portfolio planning and pricing strategy for a new business launch of a lifestyle brand in USA
- Market study on open source online auction/marketplace software providers, for a software solutions company based in Netherlands
- Web copy content creation with search engine optimization (SEO), for one of the top 10 international moving companies
- Technical Report on the feasibility of integration of an indigenous backup technology with five leading backup and storage software vendors, for a software solutions company in Spain
- Identify and evaluate the top 10 electronics drop-ship companies in the United States, and recommend the best drop-shipper for a start-up company in New Jersey, USA.
- Consultancy regarding market positioning for an online “how-to” guide.
- Study the Indian Retail and Sports Industry, analyze the market and competitors, and propose a distribution strategy for a multinational sports goods company.
Senior Executive – Direct Marketing (July 2003 – December 2005)
WNS Global Services - Mumbai
In this role, I developed and managed a range of
comprehensive marketing plans for client acquisition; including promotional
materials, direct-mail campaigns, and web site content. I defined and evaluated
new international target markets for launching WNS’s services in. To do this,
I researched and analyzed industry verticals, and performed competitor
analyses, tracking and forecast. I also created business presentations,
strategic plans and recommendations. I provided leadership and direction to direct
marketing campaigns for establishing awareness of WNS among MNC subsidiaries
and captive set-ups in India.
- Provided direct support to Top Management and Directors in decision support and business development initiatives.
- Helped plan the launch of WNS Services in new industry verticals
such as Telecommunication, Knowledge Services, Insurance, Legal Services,
Mortgage and International Retail.
- Successfully led direct marketing campaigns to increase awareness
of WNS Services among multi-national companies in India by designing,
developing and implementing one-to-many marketing efforts.
Business Development Consultant (February 2003 – June 2003)
Oracle Direct, India – Bangalore
In this role, I managed existing accounts, enhancing cross-sell
and up-sell of Oracle products, and also developed new accounts by identifying
prospective customer needs in USA and Canada. I worked in a virtual team
environment consisting of the field sales representative at Oracle Corp., USA, and an offshore tele-marketing team, to identify and target companies working on
- Created and managed an independent sales pipeline and was
responsible for all orders below $100k in the territory
- Handled lead generation through product- and country-specific
MarComm Specialist – Developer Evangelism (January 2002 – December 2002)
Microsoft Corp, India – Bangalore
In this role, I directed all marketing communications and
messaging in collaterals, advertising, PR and web for audience and community
marketing activities. I supported a team of Developer Evangelists in planning
marketing activities, coordinating overall marketing efforts; communicating
with vendors, internal departments and event organizers.
- Managed the MSDN India (Microsoft Developer Network) brand in all
developer programs, events, website and promotional items and giveaways
- Handled complete event management – from strategy planning to
execution - of the two largest technical events –TechEd and DevDays- held by Microsoft, India.
Marketing Executive (April 2001 – December 2001)
Microsoft Corp., India – Bangalore
In this role, I planned and led core marketing and
promotional programs during the product launch of Microsoft .NET in India. I worked as a single point of contact with ISVs and customers to coordinate all
customer communications and support issues as part of the .NET Early Adapter
Program. I handled online campaigns and communications on the MSDN India web
site including MSDN and TechNet electronic newsletters, and periodic direct
mails to developer communities.
- Worked with 18 ISVs to develop and showcase solutions built on
the .NET platform during the .NET launch event across 6 cities in India.
Business Development Executive (January 2001 – April 2001)
Questech India Limited – Bangalore
In this role, I identified and handled sales of e-commerce
solutions in the European region – especially Germany and France – and the French-speaking regions of Canada. I also analyzed and evaluated target markets in Australia and New Zealand for launch of new services.
- Assisted in sales of Questech e-solutions products in the Indian
Sales Representative (September 1999 - December 2000)
Microsoft Corp., India – Bangalore
I handled the MORG (Medium ORGanizations) tele-sales,
selling Microsoft products and licenses in Karnataka, Kerala and Sri Lanka. I worked with the distributors and resellers to identify sales opportunity and
close deals as part of a two-pronged channel sales model.
- Increased customer database, identified key contacts and
maximized engagement with key corporate enterprise accounts by proper account
- Worked with the Microsoft Anti-piracy team to enlighten misuse of
software and licenses and educating customers
Corporate Marketing Executive (December 1998 – September 1999)
MicroUniv, Microland Ltd – Bangalore
In this role, I planned and handled all retail and corporate
marketing initiatives for selling, positioning and marketing of customized
training programs delivered by MicroUniv. I guided the administration
executives in planning the training schedules and logistics of the training
Customer Support Engineer (April 1998 – September 1998)
Pacsoft Solutions Pvt. Ltd – Bangalore
I handled installation, implementation and user-training of
PacSoft’s school management and accounts management software for schools.
Education & Credentials
- Bachelor of Engineering, Electronics & Communication, 1997
from Bangalore University, Karnataka.
- Brand Management from COMMITS, Convergence Institute of Media,
Management and Information Technology Studies, Bangalore.